If you aren’t using SIP trunking services for your business network solutions, you should consider getting SIP trunking set up, as the benefits and potential for cost savings are enormous.
SIP trunks are part of a hybrid phone or VoIP system—they’re connections from your business to the Public Telephone Network, that operate without relying entirely on conventional phone systems.
SIP trunks carry voice traffic from your business’s call center, through the internet, to the Public Telephone Network, and vice versa. This makes your business available to your customers who want to contact you over the phone—only you get to use web-based business network solutions, instead of expensive and antiquated phone equipment.
The following are some reasons why you should seriously consider SIP trunking services for your phone system.
- 45% of North American businesses are already using SIP trunking, and that number was predicted to increase to 67% by 2017.
- In a survey by NewVoiceMedia, it was found that 75% of customers still feel that calling is the most effective way to get a prompt response from a business.
- Roughly 46% of consumers reported that they prefer speaking to a customer support rep when making complex inquiries, such as disputing a charge or making a complaint.
- Nearly 69% of customers say they’re more satisfied after talking to an agent on the phone, compared to other service channels like FAQ pages and email.
- In Invoca’s 2016 Call Intelligence Index, it was found that 65% of customers would rather contact a business by phone, while only 24% are satisfied after filling out a web form for product purchases or subscriptions.
- Over 90% of SIP users find the audio quality satisfactory.
- SIP trunks allow you to scale infinitely—as your business and customer network grow, all you have to do is hire more support reps and expand your SIP trunk service plan, instead of buying new costly telephone equipment.
- SIP trunks are flexible—they allow you to set up and manage unlimited geographic and non-geographic virtual phone numbers.
- Using SIP trunking services is more cost-effective than paying line rental costs for ISDN.
- SIP trunks can instantly redirect calls should any major disaster take place at your business headquarters.
- SIP trunking can also help rationalize your business’s telephone and the number of PBX’s across multiple sites.
For these reasons and more, businesses that are serious about serving their customers in the best way possible should switch to using SIP trunking services.